Thomas & Firends (Indian Railway characters)

JeremiahBunyan

I know Indian Railway characters have been around for a while now on the popular TV series "Thomas and Friends", however it is good to see more being added.

I am happier still that scratch building these will be easy, because I actually have designed kits for these locomotives in HO scale and all I need to do is re-size them to OO scale. I think for the faces I can carve some and then mould them in resin.

Here are the characters from India.

Ashima (she is based on the Nilgiri Moutain Railway X Class)

/media/tinymce_upload/88f71417105eb46448d7d739e02e0584.jpg

Rajiv (he is based on the "Fairy Queen")

/media/tinymce_upload/f88a24764249a0f595d0ad8a712f9cba.jpg

Unknown Name (she is based on the WDM-2

/media/tinymce_upload/18e8f9eef7831d43fce1bb7feb9d20a4.jpg

Shankar (he is loosely based on a WDS-4 and is voiced by Sanjeev Bhaskar)

/media/tinymce_upload/a702a1a69b53699733fc0dedfd2bed68.jpg

Unknown Name (he/she is based on the British Rail Class 08 but wears a livery that is famous in India amongst train spotters here and the livery can be found on all ALCo locomotives based at the Diesel Loco Shed, Gooty).

/media/tinymce_upload/fd305355b182d1a59df5daeb9eedfcb7.jpg

I am quite thrilled that the characters are quite diverse and they are expanding the characters. The introduction of all these Indian characters has really made me a lot more interested in "Thomas & Friends". I loved the show as a kid but somewhere inbetween I got caught up with more seious modelling.

I am definitely going to have a go now at re-scaling my models and making these characters.

In conclusion, I just needed some help. If anyone knows the names of the other characters listed as "Unknown name" please let me know. All these characters are from season 22 with the exception of Ashima who was preset earlier.

I really hope the current producers of this TV series introduces more charaters based on more locos like the DHR B Class, NDM-6, WDP-4, WAM-4 and WAP-4.

Cheers!

PS: Let's not let this topic run into people's personal preferences and why Tom likes this, Dick loves that and Harry hates the other.

Anyway, it’s nice to read that you are getting back into Thomas & Friends, JeremiahBunyan.  😀

I’ve posted the name of the Class WDM-2, for you with the image, so that’s gone off for approval.

As for the Indian liveried BR Class 08, I’m unsure of it’s name. I’ve never seen it. Unless it’s only been seen in the Big World! Big Adventures!: The Movie? I have not seen the film yet.

Anyway, don’t you think it’s a bit strange anyway to have an BR Class 08 on the Indian Railway, don’t you think?  🤔  😉  😆  😀

Not fan of these characters myself. Not sure if I will get to like them myself, I may in the future, but I would I buy them if Bachmann Trains released them in HO Gauge? Probably not!

GNR-Gordon-4

I posted the image and name, not many minutes after 10:00am (UK time), yesterday (Friday 14/09/2018). Usually, our Adminstrator approves images late afternoon as well, weekdays. I posted it, thinking that at some point during the same day it will get approved. It didn't, sadly. Let's hope it does, this coming Monday (17/09/2018)!  😉 😆 😀

GNR-Gordon-4

Archived