The Engine Shed - Sound and about! The TTS Vent Van and all the latest news

JeremiahBunyan

Already posted in the thread below

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/vent-van-gwr-coaches-and-more/?p=1

Rob

Sorry, did not see that. My OCD makes me start topics in the same format as Adam the admin does (for the sake of uniformity). So quite naturally I did not spot that topic as I automatically assumed it was someone posting something random and off-topic in this particular sub-forum.

Cn't wait for the Maude to arrive in TTS form as it looks like a cracking addition to the range. Also looking forward to the TTS van which I may consider grounding in a field location if it has enough animal noises, if it had pigs noises then I could even use it in a pig stye.

Loved the extra detail on making the 3D models; can't wait till next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Having first been a little sceptical when I heard of this I am now fairly tempted to pre order one but there are a few things I'd like to clarify.

The sample shown in the link is a condemned ex GWR van while the one shown elsewher is ex-SR. Sadly both liveries are out of period for me and probably a bit new to be condemned!

However, I wonder if it will be possible to simply swap the body with one of the Hornby non sound versions in a different livery? While I have repainted wagons before I would like to avoid doing this as I would like the "conversion" to be 100% reverseable so as not to affect value on what might be a ground-breaking collectors item in the future.

Archived