Customer Images

T2B

Just a note to Admin if your listening?

The Customer Images is a good method for all of us to show our completed models to the rest of the modelling community, however a big drawback is that we can only post models that are in the current Airfix range. Yes I accept it is probably designed to ensure only Airfix products are displayed, BUT surely can it (or a separate column) be accommodated for older Airfix kits? Most modellers have both old and new tooled kits in their stash and do varied builds and I'm sure would appreciate being able to display the finished model on a Customer Image Forum!

Does anyone else agree???

Definitely.

I have several models I would be eager to upload, however I cannot because of the aforementioned criteria.

Perhaps even a section of the forum could be dedicated to sharing pictures of completed models without having to create a new thread in the corresponding sub-forum.

Concur with Ratch. Plus Airfix have spent the last 10+ years attempting to eradicate the old catalogue with a  new catalogue and are still working on it. I can't see them offering a space on what is the promotional part of the website to showcasing old stuff. I think you'd be better off asking for gallery forums here.  

I tend to disagree on a couple of points. Yes Airfix have produced a lot of lovely new tool kits over the past 10 years, though due to range rotation not all are in the catalogue at the same time so if a modeller has such a kit in his/her stash the finished build cannot be shown in customer images?

And some of the old tool kits are still appearing in the range such as the venerable Mosquito and Marauder! Which sadly means we won't be getting any new tool kits of those aircraft anytime soon ☹

I tend to disagree on a couple of points. Yes Airfix have produced a lot of lovely new tool kits over the past 10 years, though due to range rotation not all are in the catalogue at the same time so if a modeller has such a kit in his/her stash the finished build cannot be shown in customer images?

Is that not a further argument for having galleries on this forum?

And some of the old tool kits are still appearing in the range such as the venerable Mosquito and Marauder! Which sadly means we won't be getting any new tool kits of those aircraft anytime soon ☹

My motto is never say never. The Mossie (in particular) has been a very strong seller over the years and the tooling must be approaching retirement. A new tool would be a no brainer for Airfix.

@ Paul Brown

Yes it is my argument that we should have a gallery for older tool kits, and other new tool kits that due range rotation are currently not in the catalogue!

And yes the Mossie is and always has been a good seller, but with Airfix still thinking there is mileage and sales left in the old tool as it does still appear in the range, then it's unlikely they will invest in a new tool of the kit??

Archived