Is this worth buying?

Storm68

I was looking at buying one of these:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-32-Scale-Suspension-Bridge-Kit-for-Scalextric-Other-Static-Layouts/132828886235?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

My concern with being cardboard is it will go out of shape or flex or bend in its finished state.

The seller saids it wont but I thought I'd ask here first?

So has anyone bought one of these or have something similar and can comment how it is in thier layout.

He says it is coated on both sides so I am assuming it is similar to when something is laminated.

I laminated a photo for the grave of one of our guinea pigs and while the photo faded it is dry and not warped at all. The wood of the cross shows more signs of wear than the photo in fact. It is a south by southwest facing grave so it gets the most sun, heat, rain, wind possible. (nothern hemisphere)

I think if you paint it properly (as he suggests) that will also help and assuming it is not kept outside and not subject to massive temperatur swings, for example next to a drafty window that gets a lot of sun, you should be fine.

It looks smashing by the way ... I might get one myself!

It does look good doesnt it?

I use our spare bedroom for my track much to my missus glaring disapproval, makes it more fun actually, pretty warm here during summer but with the blinds closed it should be right.

Not sure if the ceiling fan would be an issue though but even all year round the temp. is pretty consistent in that room.

Now to figure out a color scheme......

• 3 weeks later...

Archived