Converting the Standard E Type Jaguars (any of them!) to digital

mobileadmin

Hi,

Can anyonne point me to a 'how to' movie/article that explains how to convert non-DPR cars (ie Stanndard analogue cars) to digital. I have all the pieces (ie the converter chip) and can do the conversion fine on the DPR cars....but I would love to race all 5 E Types together and don't know how to digitise them! Anyone got any info!??

have a look here http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23189. this is an index of the various cars that people have chipped. most of them have photos. be prepared to page down a bit as some of the links arent 100% due to comments being added etc. 

There is an E-type on the list but its not a Scaly.

At the top of the page there are also links to other useful bits of information.

Fitting a C7005 retro fit chip can be a little tricky to the front engined cars like the E-Types and the Chevrolet L88 Corvettes. Checking out the chipping database on Slot Forum is definitely a good idea, even if your exact car is not there - it’ll give you the skills to see where the chip and LED will fit.

With the Scalextric E-type, a 3mm hole will need to be drilled in the small space between the guide and the motor on the centre line of the chassis. The chip can fit anywhere there is room, but do protect from any metal components (motor, axles etc) to avoid any short circuiting that would damage the chip. Sometimes a little surgery to the cockpit is required, such as chopping off the driver’s legs, to provide more room for the chip.

Good luck & have fun - chipping cars can be very satisfying and addictive! If you decide to pass on the job to someone else you could try Greg: https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showforum=425

• 1 year later...

Did you manage to convert the jaguar EType to digital?

I am thinking of doing the same to the Scalextric C4032 Jaguar "E" type reg (848CRY the car thrown off the cliff in the italian job film) to race my sons Bugatti veyrons.

No E types listed on the index of cars converted to date.