Arnold Bpmz291

Coachman

I have tried and tried to get “real“ pictures of the German Bpmz291 coaches to see if I would like to order them. There is no shops to see them in here in Scotland. They had a panning on a German forum but maybe they are fussier than me? A coloured drawing is not enough. Anybody got any that they could photograph? Blue beige if possible. It’s time Hornby changed its website pictures too. I’ve asked this before. “Does Hornby want to sell their brands” if so market them to enthusiasts. There is more marketing ie photos on eBay sales!

Hi Knackerty

I have had a quick look round ebay.de and other links and can't see much except this...

https://picclick.de/Arnold-Spur-N-4201-DB-3x-Bpmz-Schnellzugwagen-292698294816.html

Most of the pictures I have seen have been the same as on Hornby's website. You could ask on one of the German forums, I'm sure someone would stick up a picture.....

Not much around my part of Scotland either - and about 35miles if I want to even see some OO!

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I have taken the plunge after doing masses of google translations and have bought some. And then my DSLR battery dies.

/media/tinymce_upload/a3b2852e761f488b64ec5d0f63850412.JPG

I dont know about you but I'll say it will do!

Remembering that this is N scale 1:160 unlike some others on N forums I believe that it is the overall impression in N scale that is important. Not slavish attention to detail. Can you draw a coach bogie on a carriage that you travelled on in 1980's Germany? It's the "sore thumbs" that put people off of models. I have avoided Fleischmann's own (not Roco's) N scale carriages as they are way too strange in height and proportion. Good models but match nothing (height is my bugbear).

On to this model. Pleasently surprised is what I will say. Manufacturing constraints and allowance for tight radii have not marred these models. They are pretty correct for their intended era. They look very fine both close up and at normal viewing distance. If you really miss handrails make them from wire. Door seal? Use permanent marker to thicken if you dare. I'm happy and looking to get the next set of this era though I wish the Bm235 was produced on it's own (hint hint). Here are some pictures. The website drawings are not a true liknesses. /media/tinymce_upload/7626251439575af34d07dc019c0bcf64.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/e8113ec8cb6b2511c5739fe81debf6d2.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/c22e0cc6ebf486c8b46b4d3862108c0a.jpg

Archived