A bit confused about Joining...

JJ73

Hiya  😮 🤔

On the 7th March I rejoined the Collector Club & it says @ the moment & the "Order Status is Processing" so why have Hornby sent me a letter with an order form to sign up/renew???

Do I need to fill it in & send it back to them??? or what???

I also received a paper request for membership renewal which is rediculous when Hornby has my email address and regularly sends me emails.  I chose to renew on line but despite logging in to my account I am not sure if I have renewed or I have created a new account.

The trouble I had just getting access to the forum to make this reply was terrible. I tried filling all the fields in the forum registration form but it would only accept me when I left everything but the nickname field blank.

They really need to overhaul the website so that users are well informed of what is required of them and what they may have done wrong when things go pear shaped.

I think they do - I got a new membership number. I renewed before the online "renewal service" was available - had I waited, I think there was a box to put in your current membership number. Not the end of the world - I shouldn't worry about it. I agree though that there are aspects of the site that need reviewing. I don't know if they have sorted the problem yet, but if you wanted the "Class H" Club loco, it said you had to be a member to order it - even after your membership had been renewed.

Just checked - and it still says you can only order if your a Club member - and I am!

@ Chrissaf :- Why would Hertfordshire County Council would know any thing about it??? 😉 😆

Sorry I grew up in Hertfordshire so when I saw HCC it reminded me of that!!! I couldn't help myself - just had to put that in for giggles!!! I know really you meant Hornby Collector Club  - or did you??? I wonder what else what HCC could stand for???

@C.F. :- Welcome to the Forum - Hornby aslo have my Email & send me email info & also sent me 2 confirmation email with a new membership number. So not really sure what is going on!!!

@ B.B.  I also got a new Mem. number via email!!!

JJ, that's probably a standard letter that they send out to all exisitng members, whether or not you have rejoined or not. I suggest you contact Hornby.

Does the letter not have any small print asking you to ignore the letter, if you have already renewed?

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

@ Jacob :- I will ring Hornby @ some point & No it doesn't say any thing about "asking you to ignore the letter, if you have already renewed?" - it just look like sopme thing they have printed off the printer on both sides!!!

@ Fishmanoz :- Thank you - See HCC like I asked - HCC could stand for lots of things!!!

Archived