Electrotren 3251 set Amtrak

Guest Chrissaf

Hi

Can someone help with the instruction sheet that came with above set,  A few years ago now the Amtrak set was sold.

Also a copy of the price list for the years it was sold.  Part numbers and photos.

Thakyou

Charlie Harris

@charles_harris

The Talgo set 3251 was listed as new in the Electrotren 2002 catalogue and remained in 2003/4/5. I have a number of Electrotren catalogues and none have included price lists. I would suggests looking at adverts/ reviews in Continental Modeller and Maquetren 2002-5 for prices. There are plenty of photos available if you do a google search. The picture below is for a similar Talgo Pendular.

/media/tinymce_upload/dc52cc3c762e9f2973553f61a3fa5dbf.jpg

Bear in mind that this model was produced before Hornby acquired Electrotren S.A. and is based on the sales demonstrator operated in the US, and not the Cascades Talgo or any others in service. The same model was also sold under the brands Trix and Marklin (AC). 

Hi Charlie,

That's quite an old model and predates the Hornby.com online list, about 2006 I think. From memory it's similar to this Talgo service sheet:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/downloads/view/index/cat/46/?p=9

Search for Electrotren 3251 K will give you a couple of hits for images of the product.

There have never been paper price lists produced from Electrotren, only spreadsheets issued to dealers, so whilst you can problably trade down prices using the code number there won't be a paper record to match the product to.