Power base problems

Hi there,

Got an old set from a friend and it was working fine (my boys were loving it) then power in one track disappeared completely.  I tried switching controllers round which showed wasn't a controller problem and also reversed the power base which showed it wasn't a track problem.  So I'm guessing there is a problem with the power base.  The wiring looks all soldered in still so I'm a bit lost.  I guess I'll need a new power base, but I'm lost on ebay looking for the right one.  I'm not sure I've got the right code/ref for the power base and there aren't many that look like the one I have.

Andy advice?

Thanks

"Andy advice": Here you go! :-)

To be honest, we need more information. There are literally dozens of power supplies out there that have various options for repair and replacements.

Post a picture and we can help you out more!

Thanks

Thanks for that Andy.

I've taken a pic of the power base and also of one if the bits of paper that shows some of the codes (not even sure that's the right word) for the parts (it's taking a while to load so I'll send it another post, so the power base is C212W).  Does any of this help?/media/tinymce_upload/9144909fddc261d3d64ed45536e46104.jpg

That is an older "Classic" powerbase.

It really can only be a mechanical break or a short circuit. It may not be visible with the naked eye.

If you can get an ohmmeter (or multimeter) and check if there is connectivity to all the connections.

Also use the voltmeter to check the power pack.

You can use any of the newer powerbases including the ARC AIR and ARC ONE using the C8222 converter tracks if you have to replace it.

• 4 weeks later...