Old throttles

Hello, my first attempt here so wish me luck.

I have just bought 4 old style throttles. Once inserted into the power my car wheels start immediately before I even pull the throttle. My original throttles have never given me any concern. Can anyone advise?

Much appreciated, Nigel

Hi Nigel,

We are usually genlte here. :-)

Could you post a picture of the throttles you are talking about?

Over the years there have been many models and styles.

In general though wheels turning means that something is crosswired and allowing power to go to the track unregulated.

This can happen if you put analog cars on a digital track when it is digital mode or when the power suppy us plugged into the wrong port or there is a wire bridging something in the controller bypassing the throttle mechanism causing the track to get power directly.

The actual steps for troubleshooting are dependent on the throttle type so please send us pictures (or links to pictures of the same type)

Thanks

Hi Nigel,

We are usually genlte here. :-)

Could you post a picture of the throttles you are talking about?

Over the years there have been many models and styles.

In general though wheels turning means that something is crosswired and allowing power to go to the track unregulated.

This can happen if you put analog cars on a digital track when it is digital mode or when the power suppy us plugged into the wrong port or there is a wire bridging something in the controller bypassing the throttle mechanism causing the track to get power directly.

The actual steps for troubleshooting are dependent on the throttle type so please send us pictures (or links to pictures of the same type)

Thanks

• 3 months later...

By any chance do your 'new' old throttles have a different number of sections on the plug? I tried to use the newer [old] controller with the dynamic braking and 2 insulating rings on the plug with my older non braking power/control strip and the track had power with out depressing the throttle.As soon as I plugged in the correct throttle.[one insulating ring on the plug] everything was good again.

Colt.45