Can the Jouef/Electrotren 0-6-0 chassis be bought separately?

Alessio

Some members may be aware that Hardy's Hobbies (hardyshobbies.co.uk) have recently released two new industrial locomotive kits, roughly based on the Hudswell Clarke MSC Long Tanks. These are designed to be mounted on the electrotren/jouef 0-6-0 chassis.

Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase the chassis without buying the whole locomotive?

Thanks!

I have brought a number of the Electrotren/Jouef  0-6-0's for their chassis for use with ARC kit bodys, in all cases I have had to buy the whole loco,  judging by the number of Electrotren/Jouef bodys apearing on eBay many people are buying them for their chassis. 

You can often pick them  up on the auction sites for about £40  I have rarely paid more, very occasionally a chassis on it's own will be listed, often fetching more than a complete loco.

The Hardy's kits are new. There are now 3, all roughly based on different Hudswell Clarke prototypes. They're not expensive and look like they're very easy to assemble which really appeals to me as an intro to kit-building. Just can't justify spending £62 on a brand new loco to bin half of it!

Cheers

You can often pick up a pre-owned one on a certain auction site for less,  the chassis is used under three different models I avoid the saddle tank engines as with some batches there is a problem with motor failure, spare motors seem to be non existent, to try and reclaim some of you're expenditure you can try and sell the bodys.  

In the early 1970's I remember buying Triang Jinties and Wrenn R1's for their chassis for use under Wills body kits, this was just after the 3 day week when the items were in short supply or unavailable. 

Hi Alessio,

As it might be of help searching ebay for locos, the references for the 0-6-0 in the Electrotren range are:- Side tank E0032/34/38/40/48, Saddle tank E0035/39/41/42/49, Open cab E0043/44/45 and they were in sets E10100, 10103, 10107, 10108 and 10113.  Also Altaya E0031. There may be some others out there!

I don't know what was in the Jouef catalogue, but there were also a number of 'British' versions commisioned by On Tracks - Golden Valley Hobbies (when they were Hornby Int'l UK distributors I think). These include E0033.

It may be worth also checking on Ebay.es.......but postage may be a little steep!

The Hudswell tank looks a nice model. Hopefully you'll post a picture when finished?