Airfix 1/600 HMS Iron Duke - any chance of a re-issue?

Nick Moore1707819886

I for one am enjoying reliving some of my childhood by building the re-issue 'Classics' but the one I long to see is HMS Iron Duke. I was never able to buy this kit as a kid but I would dearly like to get a chance of building it now. After all, she WAS the flagship of the Home Fleets great admiral (and I am most definitely not talking about Beatty!), the man who successfully penned in the much vaunted battle fleet of the Kaiser after they failed at Jutland. So please Mr Airfix, how about it? Anyone else like to see her again? I sure hope so!!

• 3 years later...

Yes this would be a good one to see again. I have only managed to buy an already built up one, which I may get round to re-detailing one day.

I was lucky enough to stumble across a 1:600 Warspite on an online auction that I got at a very reasonable price, so I keep looking for a kit of Iron Duke too.

The Scharnhorst model I bought made up was very poorly glued together and almost fell apart, which helped. Unfortunately the Iron Duke I have was very well put together, so less chance of gently prising apart.