How risky is it buying used set?

LLJ

Hello

Looking at buying a used Cops and Robbers demolition set. 

I really do not have a lot of capacity for troubleshooting various issues. Is it too risky? I like the idea of the set but have seen various problems raised in the reviews. It seems the main issues are the braids and lifting off front wheels or elevating them helps fix common issues but then there are a few other problems with cars not running well and I just want it to work. 

The other is keeping a clean track. I haven't seen it for sale new here in Australia. Some reviews are really putting me off it but the reviews where it does work sound really great!

Please advise your thoughts.

Thank you

G'day,

I have seen some of those reviews and having worked for years in PC support it is amazing what some people can do.

I actually have this set and to be honest it is a LOT of fun, particularly if you have someone who has a lot of Danish-based interloocking bricks...

In generalm unless the rails have been severly damaged and/or are badly rusted spending a few moments to tighten the tabs to stop power drops  will fix most problems.

The braids on any slot car of any kind need attention from time to time so anyone complaining about them simply is not enough of an enthusiast to "get it".

The Cops & Robbers set use the 360° guide which means you have to make sure your track works well in both directions ( it is possible that a connection is smoother in one than the other) but this is likely a one time thing to check.

FInally, you have the huge luck of living in Australia which apart from some amazing scenery and nice people also has INOX M3. Get some of that and rub your rails down and put a a drop on each braid and you will be having hours of fun with no problems.

Poeople here in Europe would trade thier cousin to get INOX M3 as it does wonders to the track for connectivity, anti-corrosion and longevity.

Personally I think you will really have a lot of fun!

G'day,

I have seen some of those reviews and having worked for years in PC support it is amazing what some people can do.

I actually have this set and to be honest it is a LOT of fun, particularly if you have someone who has a lot of Danish-based interloocking bricks...

In generalm unless the rails have been severly damaged and/or are badly rusted spending a few moments to tighten the tabs to stop power drops  will fix most problems.

The braids on any slot car of any kind need attention from time to time so anyone complaining about them simply is not enough of an enthusiast to "get it".

The Cops & Robbers set use the 360° guide which means you have to make sure your track works well in both directions ( it is possible that a connection is smoother in one than the other) but this is likely a one time thing to check.

FInally, you have the huge luck of living in Australia which apart from some amazing scenery and nice people also has INOX M3. Get some of that and rub your rails down and put a a drop on each braid and you will be having hours of fun with no problems.

Poeople here in Europe would trade thier cousin to get INOX M3 as it does wonders to the track for connectivity, anti-corrosion and longevity.

Personally I think you will really have a lot of fun!

Thank you so much Andy. I'm going to do it. I really am into kids toys that can be repaired, it's so rare these days. So much plastic rubbish that gets thrown out. Here's hoping we can continue to enjoy this set.

Why haven't I heard of INOX M3 before? Everyone tends to use WD40 as the household brand.

Thanks again, I love this community!