"Spark Plug" (wireless racing) Launched!

• 10 months later...

Hi there. 

Just aquired one of these Spark Plug dongles, plugged it with car on track, green flashing light which I understand is correct, although the dongle, supposed to be new! Came loose (no Scalextric packaging) from supplier, also came without instructions.

Downloaded and Launched the app from Google Play onto my Samsung Galaxy A40, the app appears to be working OK.

Bluetooth and Location on, it sees the SparkPlug_216 but it wont pair, keeps coming up with the message "An app is need to use this device", even with the app launched!

Can anyone help, offer any suggestions how I might 'pair' this device with my phone?

Regards

André

Hi Andy

Thanks for the info, I'm wondering if it maybe Andoird related as in addition to my findings yesterday, what I have noticed with the app on the phone, and I have now tried my Acer Tablet as well now, I keep getting the message "BLUETOOTH LOCATION PROBLEM, Android need Location Permission for Bluetooth to work, Please enable Location Services in your Android settings".

I have checked and Location settings are ON on both phone and Tablet! All my other devices, Garmin, my car and smart TV all communicate with phone no problem. 

What I have also noticed, if I replace a car on the track with the dongle plugged in following previous attempts to 'pair' with car on track and dongle plugged in. The car moves forward suggesting the dongle has maybe some power! Is this to be expected?   I will check out the link you kindly provided and see if that helps any.   Many thanks   André

Hi Andy

Please to say I think I may have had some success with 'pairing' the SparkPlug to my devices. My method for the Samsung Galaxy (with a little help from a Goggle search!) as follows: -

Go to Settings on the phone, in my case Samsung Galaxy A40.Then find and select Biometrics and security.Type in the search 'Location'.Pres Location and then I found App permissions.Select App permissions and I get a list of all Apps.Scrolled down through list to find SparkPlug.Click on SparkPlug and select when you want to give this app Location Access.I've gone for: - "Allow only while using the app", and pleased to advise its now working.  😆 Similar situation with the Acer tablet. It appears you have to grant the SparkPlug location access, rather than the SparkPlug asking, or find Bluetooth istelf! However, I do get a motor noise (whining, muted horn!) when I start to apply throttle. Might you know if this to be expected? Hope this info might help any others who experience any 'pairing' issues. Look forward to your thoughts on the whining, muted horn! motor noise I'm now experiencing. Regards André