ARC PRO Changing driver colour in the app

james_dennis

Is there anyway to change the colour assigned to a driver in the Scalextric ARC APP? I have three cars paired to controllers and 6 drivers added into the app. The app assigns a different colour to each driver but I only have controllers and cars paired to the red green and blue colours on the ARC pro base. This means when I change the three drivers I have to pair the controllers and cars to the colours asigned to the drives in the app.

Hi James - welcome to the forum!

What you're trying to do is very possible, but isn't straightforward. It is much easier to use the app with just the three drivers set up - using the red, green and blue helmet icons - and then changing any settings when you set up a race.

If you do want to keep more specific drivers and cars set-up in the app and then swap them to different colours, you must get used to toggling the drivers on and off in the app. Set up the race for three cars in the race menu (if that's how many you have racing) and then, in the driver set-up screen, toggle all the drivers off so they are greyed out. Then you can toggle on the three drivers you want in strict order - red, green and then blue. The app should allocate newly toggled-on drivers in that order, but it can get glitchy. Be prepared to toggle off and try again. Also be prepared to shut down and hard stop the app - then relaunch and try again...

As I said, what you are trying to do is possible, but the app doesn't always like it!

I hope that helps.

I am writing a guide to racing ARC Pro with the ARC app: https://slotracer.online/arc-pro-guide/

Hi James - welcome to the forum!

What you're trying to do is very possible, but isn't straightforward. It is much easier to use the app with just the three drivers set up - using the red, green and blue helmet icons - and then changing any settings when you set up a race.

If you do want to keep more specific drivers and cars set-up in the app and then swap them to different colours, you must get used to toggling the drivers on and off in the app. Set up the race for three cars in the race menu (if that's how many you have racing) and then, in the driver set-up screen, toggle all the drivers off so they are greyed out. Then you can toggle on the three drivers you want in strict order - red, green and then blue. The app should allocate newly toggled-on drivers in that order, but it can get glitchy. Be prepared to toggle off and try again. Also be prepared to shut down and hard stop the app - then relaunch and try again...

As I said, what you are trying to do is possible, but the app doesn't always like it!

I hope that helps.

I am writing a guide to racing ARC Pro with the ARC app: https://slotracer.online/arc-pro-guide/

Hi Andy thanks for the reply and the welcome, the driver swapping methood you describe is the methood I was using to swap drivers and cars. As you say though its not the easiest methood and I was hoping I had missed something and their was an esaier way. I have upgraded from the ARC one to the ARC pro and it was easy to swap the drivers in and out with the ARC one. I think I will just use 3 drivers setup for the cars it seems the easier option.

Thanks for the link to your guide, I will have a read through it and se if I can find an answer to an issue I am having where the cars seem to get the speed reduced randomly if we toggle incidents on even though there is no incident highlighted for either car.

Thanks

James