Standard 9F

Ratch

Not really, Ratch. I would say a locomotive is no where near an aircraft, watercraft, automobile or figure. There should be a locomotive section, or just pile it in the 'General Discussion' sub-forum, as I mentioned earlier. It would be fine there.

Great images, anyway! I love Class 9F's.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (AF)

Brilliant - love the realistic stains on the boiler & cylinders - brings back memories of seeing these as a youngster at the end of steam in the mid 60s

I have just bought a Dapol/Airfix ''Biggin Hill'' so really interesting to see this

Nice work Ratch. I remember this kit - running gear was incredibly complex - the hardest of any of the loco kits. I think only 2 of the class were build. I went through a Loco building patch in my early teens. I can recommend 'Biggin Hill' as that was my favourite of the train kits. You could almost certainly convert it to Merchant Seaman Class without much work.The Hall Class was nice as well.

It runs on wheels along the ground and is definitely not Military so Cars (and Trains) is the place. I suspect the reason for no Train sections is that all the toolings were sold to Dapol so are no longer Airfix.

That's a long time! With the UK in lockdown, you should have plenty of time to fish around up in the loft and you will find them somewhere, I am sure. If you do, I would like to see them.

The You can buy a Crosti boiler Class 9F, in the Hornby RailRoad range these days.

GNR-Gordon-4 (AF)