Thomas - Jumping - not Hornby.

atom3624

I had placed in General - as Off Topic doesn't exist any more.

I'd purchased this set for my youngest a couple of years ago, and despite my enthusiasm for railways I was never that keen to re-assemble it - in the house.

It takes up much of the living room, or totally blocks the hallway, is too big for his bedroom ... but is good fun.

With the inclement general environment not permitting school access, and relatively pleasant weather - temporarily - I decided it was time to put it out again ... 25' later it was assembled, and even still operational with the previously installed batteries!!

Son was well-pleased - for 30', then returned to his tablet and Monster Jam!!

Al.

Railway Moustrap indeed.

Yes, 25' = 25 minutes. 30' = 30 minutes.

Had to rattle off the text quickly then return to 'working from home'!

Weather has turned a little, but he still goes out to it - there's a trampoline alongside, and I'm sending him and his older brother out for a workout on that perhaps twice a day, as they cannot go out (OK, rules apply).

Percy I believe was an addition off Ebay, but doesn't quite work properly - keeps over-stepping the lift, but not that bothered to tinker.

Al.

Love the jump - wish I'd had a Thomas set when I was young.

(I bought my son the Hornby Thomas - no interest and still in the box. I bought a Bachmann Bill and a couple of wagons - never even took them out the blister packs! They say it skips a generation - hopefully I'll have granchildren and some point to leave the rest too..................)

Hi GNR-Gordon-4

Certainly not the latest............its the set R9071 which must be about 10 years old. you can let me know if its one of the good ones!!

It certainly seems to run fine but has only be used a few times. I've had more use out of the track that came with it. My wee boy - Nico - loved the diecast Thomas and friends and we've got loads of those somewhere but at the age when I thought he was suitable to use the OO Thomas his interest went to Star Wars and then football.....................Maybe one day.

Ah, 2003 released R9071 Thomas Electric Train Set with Annie and Clarabel. Not a bad small train set. I recommend the 2015 and 2016 made Thomas' though. These have better faces a better livery colour, despite their issues. The 2016 made Thomas' gained the front headlamp, for the fisrt ever time!

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Thanks for the info.

I suspect the next time my Thomas will get used much - other than test runs - will be when I'm a Grandad. And as Nico is only 12 that may be some time away!

Still, until he leaves home I'm unlikely to get started on a layout anyhow...........

@ Atom - WOW - At 1st I thought it was just going to go around in circles - then I was a little surprised when it went up that grey pole - then when it did that BIG JUMP - I was Like WOW - that's AMAZING!!!