My wants.

Guest Chrissaf

I kind of want Hornby to re-tool their class 142 'pacer' two car DMU but make it with interior and directional lighting, no traction tyres and 8-pin DCC socket, and the good standard Hornby mechanism, I can always rely on that!

NO traction tyres Hornby !!!!!

I kind of want Hornby to re-tool their class 142 'pacer' two car DMU but make it with interior and directional lighting, no traction tyres and 8-pin DCC socket, and the good standard Hornby mechanism, I can always rely on that!

NO traction tyres Hornby !!!!!

Hi Margate-Richmond

You have been opening the boxes on latest models again haven't you? 😆

I hate the open the box and it breaks levels of detail as well its not necessary, and you can't see over half of it when the train is moving which it should be.

But it must have a brass whistle and safety valves, bell if appropriate the levels of molded on detail can be pretty good.

I do agree with OP that traction tyres are a waste of time and PPP design they tell me the locomotive is not heavy enough and has a rubbish motor in it and are cheap rubbish with a quality price tag and that's a No no

regards John

The 142 DMMU is an important model (together with the 156)  as it represents the basic unit of most Provincial services over the last 35 years, and anyone modelling that period ought to have at least one. I would agree that the 1987 model is looking a touch dated, and the power unit was not of the best so an update is needed with a bit more weight and all wheel drive. The body detail was not exceptionally bad although the windows and interior could be slightly better.

• 2 years later...