Rev Start Track Power Issue (C170)

Hi All,
When my son was born I started buying up pre-loved sets. He has now reached the age where we can build these sets. One of the sets is 94/95 Pole Position Rev Start set C.1006 on the box but C.810 on some of the websites. 
The box, track and cars are in perfect condition, but the manual is missing. 
My second issue is that once I connect the Rev Start piece of the track, it somehow bridges the power, so if I press any of the controllers both cars are powered. I opened up the part, and it looks like someone soldered in it, as it has the smoke unit, it has a few wires and resistors.

Does any one have a manual for that set, and further, does anyone have such a Rev Start part that they can maybe open up and send me a photo of the wiring, as I would like to check if the one I have has been altered.

I really prefer keeping things original and dont have a ton of electronics experience.

/media/tinymce_upload/d179c501caed2381e48702c9cfb761c7.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/300d42d7f919e208a96544a908b0605f.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hello Louis dK,

Did you find a diagram or a picture of the insides of the Rev-Start! I have one in my collection! I have always wanted to open it up and have a look at the workings of it! If you need a pcture or two of the inside workings, then drop me a line via this forum and I will do that for you!

Baldieman