H.M. SHIPS

Coxn

What do you think of HMS Tirpitz i bet that has a few of you rushing for your computers to reply.

Yes i know tirpitz was a kriegsmarine ship but someone in Airfix had his wires completely twisted when he sent that draft to press.

What are your views?

What i am talking about is i received a model from a friend of mine it was of the Tirpitz.

On opening the box to read the instruction sheet, right across the top in masthead was the title HMS TIRPITZ.

Do you know understand

To makem it absolutely clear i have a model 1:1200 of Tirpitze a german pocket battleship yes.

when i opened the box to resd the instructions the banner title read HMS Tirpitz.

Does it now make sense , it is unforgiveable that a catastrophic error like this could be made by a reputable company like airfix. The mistake may have been rectified but only after production and sales of the model.

It is inconceivable to malign English and German sailors in this manner.

Tirpitz was issued as F409S, 04209-7 and 9 04209 between 1968 and 1982 and hasn't been re-issued since then. I think it's a bit too late to complain.

Weren't those the 1:600 kits?  The 1:1200 kit was 02702-5.

Cox'n .  -  

If that's the case it's an embarrasing mistake to be sure but I would hardly consider it an insult to the sailors that manned her or the RN ships..

I assume it should have read DKM Tirpitz.   Please post a picture of the instructions

Airfix have never issued as 1/1200 Tirpitz. 02702 was the 1/1200 Bismarck!

02702-5/02231-8

Bismarck

1/1200 scale.

Available as 02702-5 from 1973 to 1975.

Listed with no product code on 1973 (90056-6) price list, as NEW-AVAILABLE LATER

Issued as 02331-8 from 1976 to 1980.

Not listed on 1979 2nd supplement.

Re-issued as part of the Waterline 'Sink the Bismarck' Set (A50120) from 2011.