Tank Museum virtual model season

The Tank Museum

In February, The Tank Museum would normally be holding our annual South West Model Show. Because of the pandemic, we've had to shelve the event until September. Instead we're releasing a series of videos relating to modelling - starting with "A Salute to Model Making", hosted by curator David Willey and actor Chris Barrie. Fake Tanks – exploring The Tank Museum’s model collection – will be released on YouTube on 5th March. The Beginners Guide, will be released on YouTube on 12th March. Find out more and watch our first video here: https://tankmuseum.org/tank-nuts/news-and-articles/a-salute-to-model-making/  forum_image_603918b43e32c.thumb.png.ce118cd29b9dc209df4dbe55e811786c.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to say a big thank you to everybody at the Tank Museum for being so pro-modelling. We've been getting shut out just about everywhere else so it's really good to have at least one museum being so supportive of the hobby. I look forward to visiting next September (hopefully exhibiting) and to breakfast in the cafe!

• 2 weeks later...

These videos have been great. I have shared them out where possible. The response to them has been very positive & has encouraged a few I know to purchase some starter sets from our local shop. I think with a few well known faces talking about models it has taken a major chunk of the " NERD" stigma away from the hobby.

Some more would be good & some more top 5 tanks 👍