Spaghetti Western Train

Buz

Hi all

Does any one know if the Elecrotren long wheelbase 4 wheel balcony third and 4 wheel goods brake at least I think it was the goods brake are still made by Electrotren

Or is it going to be an evil bay search to put together a Spaghetti Western Train

regards John

The 'old', pre-Hornby, MZA 4 wheel coaches and baggage van haven't been in the catalogue since 2005, I think, but there are plenty on ebay. The bogie 'Costa' coaches have been produced more recently.

Mabar produced some high end 4 wheel NORTE balcony coaches much more recently as well as some bogie coaches which would fit closely into the later spaghetti westerns like A Bullet for the General. Mabar also have sold an 0-6-0 tender loco that is similar to the old Rivarossi model and is a good stand in for many of the Spaghetti engines and just needs a cowcatcher.

Not a Western, but filmed in Spain - you could use the Electrotren open cab 0-6-0T and the MZA bogie coach and a 4W flat wagon to recreate the train from North West Frontier - a much better British train film than the Railway Children or Titfield Thunderbolt.

Edit: The 4W Mabar coaches don't have balconies, my mistake.