Have a lot of cars all Scalextric for Sport track

Hi Andy. I have just got home from being away for 3 years. Just been told by my wife to sort out the bedroom 4. To sort out my cars that l have. I have 148 used cars and 93 new cars . As I am very busy with my work right now and can't see a slow down for a few years yet. I Have 2 girls that are not into Scalextric. More into horse riding and spending money. Can you tell me the best way in selling them or is it best to put them in a auction. Some are very collectable. These cars that l have collected over a 20 year span. Some from Goodwood festival of speed. and the Scalextric shows. I am still waiting for the new car and Scalextric magazine for 2021. Thought it might be here when l got back into UK. I understand there was a lot of people joining Scalextric on 202o Dec And 2021 January.

thanks from Par Paul

Is there a TR7 in your collection?

I've been looking for one for ages .. :-)

This is always difficult to answer. I hear all the time that an item is "worth" a certain amount but I also see it going for far more or far less than what it is "worth".

The ideal place is a swap meet, which is not an option right now.

If you can find any clubs near you they might be able to help.

They usually pay fair prices or will take on things that might not be worth selling but to good to be thrown out.

Failing that there are forums such as slotracer.online that have an active marketplace or there are Facebook groups dedicated to selling.

As a last resort you can use an online auction platform of your choice.

Please note that the most common one that rhymes with P -PAY tries to force international global shipping on you if you try to sell outside the UK.

It is not a must and you can get around that which would make an auction interesting to a non-UK buying as the shipping calculated by the program is often extortionate.

Having said that, since leaving the EU you will have to go through more customs formalities than before.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a TR7 in your collection?
I've been looking for one for ages .. :-)

This is always difficult to answer. I hear all the time that an item is "worth" a certain amount but I also see it going for far more or far less than what it is "worth".
The ideal place is a swap meet, which is not an option right now.
If you can find any clubs near you they might be able to help.
They usually pay fair prices or will take on things that might not be worth selling but to good to be thrown out.
Failing that there are forums such as slotracer.online that have an active marketplace or there are Facebook groups dedicated to selling.
As a last resort you can use an online auction platform of your choice.
Please note that the most common one that rhymes with P -PAY tries to force international global shipping on you if you try to sell outside the UK.
It is not a must and you can get around that which would make an auction interesting to a non-UK buying as the shipping calculated by the program is often extortionate.

Having said that, since leaving the EU you will have to go through more customs formalities than before.
Good luck!

Hi Andy P.

Just have a call about my 3 Cars set of Goodwood GT40's They are in a Goodwood collection box. 3 cars in each box. I have 2 boxes of them and a collector is willing to pay £165.00 For each box. They are new is this a good price. And my old Bentley he is willing to pay £120.00. it is also new and in its old Scalextric box .

thanks from Paul