International Brands sound decoders

96RAF

I have seen a question on another forum asking which sound decoders are fitted to Hornby International brands factory sound models, in particular Rivarossi.

I presume TTS is not being factory installed to these brands.

If say ESU Loksound are these loaded with standard ESU sound files or proprietary Hornby sound file variants as was done with the Hornby RnnnnXS factory sound models.

Hi RAF,

I've one Electrotren loco from around 2008 with a Loksound V3.5.

I am pretty sure they still use Loksound units, presumably the current version. I have a more recent Electrotren EMU -2015- that was factory fitted with a Lokpilot.

The Electroten sound files are not on the ESU website for free download - I've looked. I'm guessing that custom sound files were used, but with the likes of the loco I have, an ALCo with a 251 engine, there are plenty of sound files out there. It would just need the correct horn!

I have wondered if TTS will be rolled out to the international brands. That will be interesting as almost all the current range have 21 pin sockets. Maybe Tim can help.........

(Edit: just had a look on ForoTrenes and last years version on the Electrotren 592 comes with a Loksound V5. I'd expect Rivarossi to be the same.)

Hi

They are mainly ESU - and pretty much always have been.

Occasionally another brand might be used because it's more suitable - space in a model perhaps. The small Spanish 0-6-0 being an example, that takes a CT brand decoder.

TTS is 8 pin from memory? So with International mainly being 21 pin it's not an easy option currently.

Tim