Issue operating points.

Roger1707821911

I have recently set up my 6000/6010 system which is fine controlling the locos.

Today I connected a Peco PL11 to the 6010 and that switches firmly in both directions.

However when I mechanically connect the PL11 to an actual point, there seems to be insufficient force to operate the point reliably. Occasionally it will switch firmly in one direction but will not return the other way.

I really dont think the 6010 to be at fault but cant seem to track down the issue.

Suggestions welcome.

Roger (Chalford)

I don't think this is your issue, but worth checking all the same just in case and to be sure, if only to eliminate this as a possibility.

In the HM6010 Quick Guide, the connection of point motors to the HM6010 show a Hornby R8243. This is shown connected with the 'Black wire' on the middle C terminal.

forum_image_60a65c9dd7d69.png.b3e73c813396c3543e9ac0520a5cde7b.png

The PECO PL-11 point motor uses the same three colours, but differently. With the PL-11, the Green wire is connected to the HM6010 C terminal and the 'Black' wire is on the B terminal.

How are yours wired?

When the Green & Black wires are reversed in error, the point motor will only operate in one direction of travel. The reason for my hesitancy to state categorically that this is your issue, is because you say that the PL-11 operates both ways when off-load, which would seem to infer that it is wired correctly.