12 car racing???

If we have 2 x 6 car DPB with tower (7042) … can they be paired on the same 2 lane track?

Can 12 cars, be programmed individually as separate cars and be controlled with enough controllers? Does programming Car1 on one powerbase give the same “digital address” as the next powerbase? Or can the controller be linked to the car (and chip) direct, and not affect the other powerbase?

Will Car1 vs (for instance) Car7 only register laps on their own Powerbase Start/Finish line?

Other than this, will the whole thing just short out? Obviously were talking 4 power units and plugs…

Really hoping we could get more than 6 cars running! (Theres 9 racers in our group and we have to sit out and rotate… which sucks)

We have all the hardware… but scared to try! Dont wanna blow it all up!

None of what you have written in possible with an standard Scalextric product.

You have to fork out for Scorpius or Oxygen for more than 6 cars and any of those features...

I suggest you make teams, pairing the best and worst drivers together and then at a pitstop switch drivers... Whoever is not driving is marshalling...

I gave this a think over the weekend...

Since the controllers are wired you could make a 4-lane layout. Call one layout "A" and one "B"

The two layouts must be kept apart but they can run side by side.

That way all 12 of you can race at the same time.

I would then switch the racers over layout A and B so that each racer races on each layout.

It is sort of a hybrid approach between digital and analog racing.

In analog we rotate so that each racer is on each lane for each race...