RailMaster FAQ Index

Guest Chrissaf

FAQ 1 – This tutorial provides guidance with dealing with situations where the communication between RailMaster and the attached controller is unstable and/or when the controller is not recognised by RailMaster when RM is started.

FAQ - My controller connection with RailMaster is unstable or not recognised.

FAQ 2 – This tutorial provides guidance with regard manually adding a locomotive to the RailMaster locomotive roster. This might either be a non-Hornby locomotive or a Hornby locomotive that has not yet been added to the RailMaster locomotive database.

FAQ - How do I manually add a loco to the RailMaster roster.

FAQ 3 – This tutorial gives guidance on a ‘workaround’ procedure where you can still use RailMaster to write to a decoder CV, even when that decoder is not recognised or officially supported by RailMaster.

FAQ - How do I use RailMaster to write CVs on a decoder that is not recognised?

FAQ 4 – This tutorial provides guidance for those ‘forum members’ who have issues where their newly added locomotive to RailMaster have problems with ‘speed control’. The new locomotive either goes straight from stationary to full speed or only travels at a crawl whilst the RailMaster throttle is unresponsive.

FAQ - I have no control over the speed of my newly added loco to RailMaster.

FAQ 5 – This tutorial covers all aspects of configuring and setting up Hornby Accessory Decoders with RailMaster.

FAQ - How do I configure and set up Hornby Accessory Decoders with RailMaster.

FAQ 6 – This tutorial covers all aspects of configuring and setting up DCC Concepts Accessory Decoders and iP Digital point motors with RailMaster. It also gives in principle guidance when using RailMaster with any brand of ‘Self Learning’ decoder.

FAQ - How do I configure and set up DCC Concepts Accessory Decoders and Points with RailMaster-eLink.

FAQ 7 - This tutorial describes the passing loop point position indicator not synchronised conundrum. It explains the cause of the issue and gives guidance on how to resolve it through RailMaster configuration.

FAQ - How do I synchronise the passing loop point position indicators in RailMaster?

FAQ 8 – This tutorial describes how to ‘backup’ user generated RailMaster data such as the installed locomotive roster, track plans and other important files that aid RailMaster application recovery. It also documents how to create a Windows ‘Batch File’ that will perform these important backups on demand with minimal user input.

FAQ - How do I backup my track plan and locomotives in RailMaster.