Generic updated Clerestory coaches ?

happybear

We have had generic 4 and 6 wheel coaches but please lets have some updated modern Clerestory coaches, the old ones are well old and tired. Make them generic and I'm sure you'll get a smash hit on your hands, personally if I have to sell myself on the streets I'm in for at least 20 in GCR and GN liveries please.

An interesting suggestion. I bet that Ratio have sold many of their Midland clerestory coaches over the years for people wanting an older style of coach and I have seen plenty painted in other liveries. The short Triang non-corridor coaches still seem to sell quite well, even in completely unlikely liveries ( e.g. crimson and cream behind a BR experimental blue B12). There are also the longer corridor coaches that only have printed panelling on them - they are very popular in LMS and the more intricate panelled GWR livery.

It might be difficult to decide what body and roof styles to go for from a manufacturer's point of view.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Tri-ang clerestory since made by Hornby isn't as freelance as it seems. Coach No W9999W used in departmental use at Hatton in the 1950's is a fairly close match to the Tri-ang brake clerestory apart from the brake ducket. There are Dean era coaches that match the composite clerestory coach to a tee, but I have been unable to find an exact prototype for the brake coach, that doesn't mean there wasn't one. It looks like they aren't as freelance as people think.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...