ARC Pro - Lap counting for >2 lanes

Hi,

I just bought the ARC Pro 6 lane powerbase to update my existing Sport track. I would like build a layout with 4 lanes for the start/finish, reducing to 2 lanes in some parts by using the ‘pit lane’ track.

My question is how to count laps for the additional lanes and is there a straight with duplicate start/finish markings?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

Hi Steve and welcome.

I think by "6 lane" you mean 6-car.

The short answer is you can't have a 4-lane start finish line with the current version of Arc Pro. There are options to get close...

Out of the box you have 2 options:

1. Make sure the 4-lane layout reduces to 2 lanes before the powerbase so the powerbase can count the lanes properly.
  2. Use 2 powerbases, make sure they use different signal frequencies (there are switches underneath to change that). Make sure the 4 lanes i.e. the 2 pairs of lanes do not intersect (keep the layouts seperate, essentially you have to independent layouts) then use the ARC PRO out put options to compare results.

The first option is much easier and I don't think it detracts too much from the 4 lane experience to be honest.

There is a user on here called DR_C who was working on a solution and he even posted some of the work on slotforum.com . How far he is with that I don't know.

Double check the search here though as I think some of the info might be here too...

Good luck!