HMS Invincible R05 in 1:600

KiwiKev

I'm starting scale drawings on a 1:600 HMS Invincible mainly because I like the 1:600 scale and there isn't one available as a kit. I think there's a 1:570 put out by someone which would be close, but I'd like it to be exactly the same scale as my HMAS Melbourne and other 1:600 ships, and from memory that 1:570 kit isn't great anyway.

Inspiration for this comes from the 2016 Airfix Yearbook which has a detailed build of the 1:350 Ark Royal. I'm pretty sure the same level of detail and more could be achieved in 1:600. The great thing about that article is the extensive photographs including hangar deck internals, which I will shamelessly use as a guide.

The hull surfaces are relatively clean and without too many compound curves, so should be quite easy to do in either sheet styrene or cardboard once I get the drawings done.

This could be a practice run for doing one of the new RN carriers in 1:600 too, unless Airfix decided to make all our Christmases come at once and release one as a kit???