Total noob compatibility question

Rose-1227811

I've just got my first train and now I need all the others! I'm creating a fantasy railway with all my favourite rolling stock from round the world, just want to double check I can put Hornby 00 track and my Class 43 HST (UK) with the Jouef TGV In Oui set (train and track). I haven't chosen a third train yet but there will be a Deutsche Bahn to join them later. I know there's can be issues of scale between UK and international sets, but I don't mind that so long as they run.

In other random questions, do the pantographs on these things fold down? I can pretend to myself that they are accessing third rail power so long as they don't go around with a giant pantograph in the air touching nothing Don't want to feel I have to build catenary for everything.

Thanks!

Ho and 00 use the same track gauge so you can run either scale trains on the same track.

Where you may have problems is if you mix and match stock in a train as the couplings may not be at the same height or be compatible with each other. The difference in size of rolling stock is quite noticeable.

Pantos are usually sprung to the up position but can be clipped down. The occasional loco has a live panto with a switch between overhead and rail power and some can even be operated up-down by power under DCC control.