App update for HM | DC

96RAF

Be aware there is an update available from the Apple store for the app. It provides better mesh connectivity and improvements to the speed slider bar with equivalent of min, shunt, cruise, and give it the beans buttons.

The track-plan editor has also been tweaked.

Ditto from your Android store.

They seem to have corrected the Android sound glitch and have also put in place the missing PWM frequency change facility.

I am informed that the sensitivity level of the short circuit trip is also being looked at and may be tweaked in the next update.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the information on the update. I have now installed it on my tablet, and given it a quick try-out. The bottom of the "App Settings" screen shows "V1.2 (B61r1)"; I forgot to note the equivalent for the older version before I uninstalled it.

My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Model No. SM-T713; running Android V7.0, and with a version date of Jul 01 2019. I could not find a pointer to the installed Bluetooth version, but a web search indicated "4.1 BLE". In theory, I believe that Android V8 is listed as the minimum for operation.

It took me a while to provision an HM6000 - a full hardware reset on the 6000, bluetooth off/on on the tablet, and some swaps between mesh & ble. Once sorted, in "BLE" mode, I added a second HM6000, and found the "Speed Slider Customisation" section on the settings page to add the extra slider-related butons - a welcome addition. I also played with the PWM frequency in the "Edit Devices" section, and a quick test, with an old diesel (on its back with croc-clip leads on the pickup wheels), showed differences in overall motor noise, but I have not yet experimented with functionality under a train load.

I have not used the Active Layout functions.