Strange reviews

Carltonf

As has been commented on within another post (General discussion), some of the reviews on the Hornby site are really detracting from their purpose.

Having just posted a review of the Azuma, it obviously goes through some content moderation; so how do those ridiculous ones get through? Is it because they have given it a 5 star rating? Do the moderators not check the content? You cannot review something you haven’t received!

Fake and irrelevant reviews are spoiling a number of online shopping sites, so I wish Hornby would nip these in the bud.

Just for clarity, any product review in the shop checking [moderation] is performed by Hornby Marketing Staff and nothing to do with the forum moderators who are not employed by Hornby in any way.

So when my Azuma arrived, I wrote a detailed complementary review. Still not published. Last time I reviewed something, it was sold out before the review appeared. Wondering if it’s worth putting fingers to keyboard anymore.

customer services don’t seem to bother responding to emails either at the moment. Yet they expect us to keep supporting them!