Jouef TGV Intercoach connectors

Hi,

I'm new here, having just found this forum (and I was a member too).

I've just received a couple of TGV sets - a Thalys (Mehano) and a TGV Atlantique (Jouef). The Atlantique intercoach coupler arrived broken, although I have managed to superglue it back on I'm not sure how strong it will be in operation. So, I'm looking to source a new clip but I have no idea what they are called - the Jouef spares on the website have a large quantity of products without an image.

This coupler is similar (maybe the same) as the one between the Eurostar coaches, and the Thalys coaches. It looks like it clips into the body of the coach.

So, basically, does anyone know what these are referred to as, and where (if not Jouef) I might be able to source a replacement from?

Many thanks,

Gerald.

Not knowing the TGV units, but noting you say it could be the same as used on the Eurostar, if you are looking for the body clip for an articulated coach that clamps round a central pillar on the bogie and with a barbed clip in to the coach end panel, have a look at Jouef/Hornby part T3004 on Peters Spares website.

If that is not what you need, apologies for the wild goose chase.

Peters Spares put the word "temporarily" in front of "out of stock" on all unavailable parts but many of them will not be seen again and the body clips fall in to that category as all remaining Hornby stock was put out to Service Dealers several years ago.

The Jouef/Lima Service Sheet found by 96RAF was issued back in 2007 and I can not find anyone, Hornby included, with stock of HS1350 body clips so it may be that it, too, is now an obsolete part.

Hi Gerald,

From the part 19 that you have identified you need, I would suggest that its the Hobby TGV you have, which would correspond with it being similar to the Mehano Thalys and (presumably Jouef HO) Eurostar.

Hornby have done two levels of TGV, a hobby version sold in train sets and a full spec model with a centrally mounted motor and higher levels of detail. These of course have a different coupling method - its come up on this forum before!

I think getting parts for the hobby version might be more difficult but it would be worth an email to Hornby to ask. Give them a couple of weeks to get back to you. After that I would suggest looking for a coach on Ebay or sign up to one of the French forums and see if there are any after market suppliers for the part or a workable repair that can easily be done.

• 2 weeks later...

The old-style Jouef couplers pop up quite often on eBay, look for "attelage TGV" from international sellers (not all will post to the UK but I'm sure you'll find one). The Jouef type look quite distinctive so you can't really go wrong, Lima's late 80s / early 90s couplers were completely flat bars.

Otherwise this guy makes 3D-printed couplers and ships outside of France (open the page in Google Chrome and use the translate feature if needed). I bought a bunch of them some years ago to replace missing ones on a 10-car TGV Atlantique and an 8-car RENFE AVE, they're just as sturdy as the originals, if not more so. Just make sure you slot them the right way as this type of coupler has always been a pain to remove again.

http://www.ydmodels.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=46&osCsid=994fdf13ad52a42128b5008a6c895d29

Alan