Arc Pro in Analogue mode and Lane Changing curve

Mark-553996

Hi,

Set up a permanent layout using my old collection of digital curves and an Arc Pro. It all runs in digital mode, but as soon as I switch to Analogue it seems to "Short" and cut out. Should the curves be compatible, or is there a modification that will solve the problem ?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark and Welcome.

It looks like you have an older version of ARC PRO that has an issue with the curved lane changers that causes a short.

No fear though, there are lot of solutions here in the forum.

Use the search function as there are too many to list and get back to us if you have further questions.

Good luck!

Hi Mark and Andy,

If the curved lane changer functions correctly with the ARC PRO in digital mode then likely you have a later variant of the ARC PRO. In this case the issue in analog mode is simply that the curved lane changer was originally designed for digital mode only as it has a flexible circuit board inside the curved lane changer which permanently electrically connects the two lanes. This causes an overload in analog mode. At the time the curved lane changers were designed there were no dual mode digital/analog powerbases - so the analog problem only emerged later on.

As Andy mentions there is a simple modification to snip or detach the flexible circuit board in two places - you just need to make sure you identify the correct two places! Sorry I don’t have any photos to exemplify. If searching.. it’s often called ‘the analog snip’.

Hope this helps.

c