1.72 westland wasp

Carl-1245274

Hi, just thought I would add my thought to the wishlist for new kits. I would love to see a westland wasp in 1:72 as it would be the perfect accompaniment for the large scale late 60s early 70s warships. The scout conversion is one way but a proper kit would certainly sell. Carl

The late Mel Bromley announced 1/48 and 1/72 Wasp kits in his S & M Kits range, but he passed before they came to fruition. Hannant's are still listing them as future releases, but whether any metal was cut for tooling, or who now owns S & M assets remains to be seen.

• 1 month later...
The late Mel Bromley announced 1/48 and 1/72 Wasp kits in his S & M Kits range, but he passed before they came to fruition. Hannant's are still listing them as future releases, but whether any metal was cut for tooling, or who now owns S & M assets remains to be seen.

I had put in orders for those.

I suggested a modern Scout / Wasp kit to Hornby last year when they looked for suggestions. The Wasp in particular was used by a number of nations (NZ of course, the Dutch too) so there could be some interesting decal options. Hornby ends up with two kits for for the price of one. I think they would be popular and would go a long way to replacing the crude old Airfix kit.

• 4 weeks later...