Shipping

Tristan-350311

Hi, I was thinking about joining the Airfix club and realized that since I lived outside of the U.K, I would have to pay a small fortune to get it shipped to where I live. I've added some things and realized that to get free shipping I would have to purchase a couple more small things, and my total came up to 29.98 pounds! This was without tax but I was wondering if any of you knew whether I would still be able to get free shipping or not because tax isn't included. Thanks!

Hi TR.

I guess from your question you're not living in the UK, if so any shipping abroad can be horrendous, and fraught with VAT and all sorts of customs duty problems, so much so that another well known online seller and reviewer now doesn't ship to the EU countries.

Maybe Airfix has fixed the EU problems, but the postage could be between 50% to 100% the cost of the models you've ordered so I doubt Airfix would give free postage for overseas customers

Hope this helps, and hope to see some finished results.

Remember we do this for fun JtP

• 4 months later...

To get free shipping to the USA you have to spend £200 otherwise the shipping cost is £30. That said, the US has no import duties or VAT and you don’t pay UK VAT so £200 spent actually gets you £240 worth of stuff at UK retail prices. It definitely pays to make fewer large orders than lots of small ones.