Promotion Weekend

Sailorman

It seems Airfix are running a promotion this weekend where everything on the Airfix site is 20% off.

Club members can use this discount multiple times.

I'm told that anyone who is not a member can join the club and immediately get 20% off their next order.

Has anyone tried it?

I tried it,but,despite my credit card purchase being agreed,a caption appeared several times,stating thst there was a problem.I have since spoken to a lady, who explained that this was probably due to my attempting to "Pre-order"the Anson kit, which can,apparently cause problems with card providers.Since the 20% offer has now expired, I have given up.

I have now realised that my 2 attempted orders were not related,so the card problem should not apply.As stated,I have given up,and will support my local shop by buying the "Tempest" kit from them.I am trying to stop buying too many kits in any case,so ,perhaps, someone is looking after me !

• 1 month later...

They are running another 20% off promotion from 27th of May to 5th of June, same conditions I think, so it might be worth you trying again. No longer a member myself, and given the increase in prices (£51.99 for a 1/35 Tger1 that was originally issued by Academy for a lot less. I appreciate there are costs, but Airfix didn't even have development costs for the ex-Academy kits, so how can that be justified?) I won't be bothering. As a side note, I posed the question for why had the lower tier for club membership been abolished for the Q&A Airfix took a few days back. Funny that wasn't chosen to be answered.