Help with C919 power pack please

Hello there - delighted to join the community. I’ve had a few sets over the years, and just today picked up a Formula One set from around 1990. It has a C919 power pack but I’ve absolutely no clue how it connects to the track to power it. It’s odd as the box actually shows a different set up, with an adapter with pins which connect to a flat rectangular connecting thing which I imagine sits under the track. But I don’t have that, just this C919 thing and the two controllers which have plugs which connect to the track and then other wires with small copper circular connectors on the end.

Can anyone offer any advice on how this is set up? Thanks so much in advance 😊

The C919 pack

forum_image_6246fa328fcbe.thumb.png.a0be18f3b5d3467202f70358ffc3f0bc.png

The box cover showing the different power set up that I don’t have…

forum_image_6246fa3eb02f3.thumb.png.aa13d2d767d0d53aff1844352f2f367c.png

The prongs on the power pack look New Zealand or Australian or Singaporian or something?!

Not UK or European in any case... so this is all guess work...

The track for the powerbase did not go with that power pack here in Europe or North America. Maybe an APJ thing..

IN any case, there are two ways to approach this: Scientific and safe or trial and error.

Trial and error would be simply using alligator clips or some other conducting metal make contact with the rails on the power base until things work.

Scientific would be to get a voltmeter and find out where the plus and minus (positive and negative) of the output of the power pack is.

This connect the positive to one rail (I think the left one in direction of travel) and the negative to the other. Test each lane by itself.

Also try googling "how to wire a slot car track" to get the general concept.

Let me know if that helps.

The prongs on the power pack look New Zealand or Australian or Singaporian or something?!
Not UK or European in any case... so this is all guess work...

The track for the powerbase did not go with that power pack here in Europe or North America. Maybe an APJ thing..
IN any case, there are two ways to approach this: Scientific and safe or trial and error.
Trial and error would be simply using alligator clips or some other conducting metal make contact with the rails on the power base until things work.

Scientific would be to get a voltmeter and find out where the plus and minus (positive and negative) of the output of the power pack is.
This connect the positive to one rail (I think the left one in direction of travel) and the negative to the other. Test each lane by itself.

Also try googling "how to wire a slot car track" to get the general concept.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks so much for the quick reply Andy, very helpful indeed - it is indeed an Aussie set, I live in Melbourne, I imagined that these things would be more standard internationally but perhaps not then. It could explain why it’s unfamiliar to me then, I am English and used to have sets back in the 80s but I didn’t recognise any of this.

I can try those methods but wondered if there are any Antipodean forum members who have come across this set up before?