Attic find

AOK

Hi all this is my first time posting to the forum as I only recently returned to model making at the end of last year.

I am really enjoying the challenge and now that I am older the detail that you can add to a model with airbrush work; a lot different to when I was a boy making Airfix kits.

I have been buying kits over the last few months and the same as everything else the prices have gone up and so I tend to spread out the purchases over time.

My good lady ventured into the attic this morning and called me to look at what she had found!!

forum_image_624c190655cf4.thumb.png.691091dd7cc6bd04dcf6486873d949fc.pngforum_image_624c1913a9866.thumb.png.99bf8574215bd50c9e696fdd325caeff.png

I didn’t realise that these were even there, they had been purchased by us for my son when he was younger and he had constructed a few but all of these were still in the boxes and untouched.

All I can say is WOW what a find, I can find some of the kits are still available to purchase but others I can’t find listed anywhere, such as the Gloster Meteor 3 (1:72).

Airfix kits are better than I remember and I look forward to the many hours of building to come.

In particular, the Scorpion and Centurion tanks, and HMS Ajax are all not easy to find these days, you're lucky to have them. I'm surprised all these models didn't get made back in the day, when I was at school I couldn't wait for my next kit and used to have them finished in an afternoon. Nowadays it takes me about a month! Its a good idea to return to plastic modelling, its a very rewarding hobby and a lot warmer than fishingsmiley

How on earth did you manage to miss finding that lot in your attic for so many years? Particularly with the lockdowns we've had where everything in the house got audited.

The good news for you is that when those kits were made the moulds were relatively new.

Have fun over the next few years building them!