Lane Change Issues

I have the ARC Digital Pro powerbase, my cars run fine until they approach the straight change track, I hit the switch button on my controller to switch lanes, the car switches to the appropriate track but just stops. If I than use the controller that I pared to the "switched" lane the car continues. Why won't the car continue on it's original remote?? Can someone please help me!!!!

Hi Ken,

I am not sure I completely understand the behavior you are describing.

It is usually a good idea to push and hold the lane-change button until the car has completed the lane change and then release.

I know one guy who holds the button down the whole time and only releases when he doesn't (!) want to lane change.

Cars stopping after a lane change are usually is usually a problem with the track. There are a few short dead spots on the lane change sections and if the car has marginal power it will come to a stop.

Ultra strong magnets will also slow the car down and maybe stop.

Does it happen on all lane change track or only certain ones?

There are wires in the lane change track that may have come loose.

Pairing should not really affect it but there are "rules" which are well described here:

https://slotracer.online/community/showthread.php?tid=181

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure the lane changer is functioning at all?

Maybe the flipper is left in the change lane position and the powerbase itself may have been set to analog mode?

In analog mode the red and green throttle channels control the power to each of the two lanes respectively… so if a car crosses from one lane to the other (which it shouldn’t do) then control of that car will pass from one controller to the other - precisely what you report.

c