Bluetooth (connection issues on Samsung Galaxy tablet)

Jon-1254864

I've had the App working fine on my Samsung Phone, now I want to move it to a Samsung Tablet, I've deleted device from the Fone and done a Factory Reset on the HM6000. The Tablets B/Tooth picks it up fine and says "You need an App to Control this device". I've tried Mesh and Standard BLE but it wont find it. The Tablet is Android 11 so recent enough.

Any ideas please?

TIA

Jon

Mod note - title amended to aid future searches.

I presume you have downloaded the app again and installed it onto your new tablet.

Then a scan from within the app should pick up your HM module.

For the app on the new device to see your module that module must be disconnected and un-provisioned from the old device (essentially de-paired). If necessary force delete it from your phone. The reason being a module can only be paired with one device at a time.

Picking up the module from the app is not the same as your tablet seeing it as a BT device.

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes I've done all of those, de-provision on the App on my fone, then Factory Reset, new download.

I was thinking by a process of elimination, the tablet BT see's them fine, the App doesn't see them ergo the problem is with the App?

I don’t what else to suggest Jon. If you have done all that has been suggested and followed the blurb (pages 7 and 8) to provision and connect then I can only assume the app and the tablet are not getting on. Try deleting the app and reinstalling.

Usually ensuring the module is not present on any other device and doing the reset will allow you to find the module and connect in basic BLE mode.

Failing that you will have to give customer services a ring, but I think in the first instance they will lead you down the path you have already trodden as a checklist.

To prove the module is OK you could reconnect it to the phone. Then delete it again, but usually if you have a red power light, then a flashing blue which goes solid when connected then the module is OK.

Hi thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I've tried those ideas also tried a OOTB 6010 that has never been connected to anything before, BT on Tablet sees it but the App doesn't.

I'll try emailing Support with a link to this thread see if they have any ideas.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...