My collection so far.

SD45elect2000

some great P38s there the bare metal finish is really good

paul

Thank you Paul!

I'm somewhat satisfied with the metal finish on them, in my mind I still need more practice and more patience in the prep.

I am trying to locate the P322 Lightning I model I have, If I survive this current group of four Hampdens/Herfords I would like to build a P-38 in RAF colors and insignia.

Randall

Hi Double D,

1/72 scale Fairey Barracuda Mk II. British WW2 naval bomber.

I’ve been on a Royal Navy -Fleet Air Arm spree these last few months.

So far I have Swordfish, Fulmars, Seafire, Sea Hurricanes, Skua and Martlets.

Missing: ROC, Firefly, Sea Gladiator, Hellcat, Corsair, Tarpon and some earlier prewar stuff.

Any obvious omissions?

Randall

Randall,
I would suggest these :
Albacore, Walrus, & Blenheim I.

I guess you have the Sea Fox, Shark, and Walrus for pre-war. There are others but I think they are vacforms which might not be as easy to get as they once were.

These look great so far. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Dominic,

I actually do have one Albacore ( somewhere in the big pile) I have one Seafox , matchbox kit, one Walrus and the Sea Otter.

Im not certain about the Shark.

I also have a ROC but it’s not a very good kit and will take some magic to make it nice. It’s actually on the bench along with a Walrus and I know where the Seafox is at least.

I have a built Blenheim Mk I and MkIV while they fit into my RAF group I am not sure how they fit into my FAA collection?

Randall

Randall,

I remembered seeing a Blenheim I from the FAA in my library of decal sheets. Sure enough, 771 Sqn appears on the Xtradecal sheet no. 72203. This is the Mark IV, and there is also a Mark I from 787 Sqn.

The Shark was originally produced by Frog. It may be available in various Eastern European recreations. I have a couple. They come with the colourful markings of the period and show the development of the UK torpedo bombers to the Swordfish and the Beaufort.

Of course, on Xtradecal 72319, there is a Beaufort of the RNAS Yeovilton Station Flight.

Now a lot of these are second line squadrons rather than front line. But they all count …..

Randall,
I remembered seeing a Blenheim I from the FAA in my library of decal sheets. Sure enough, 771 Sqn appears on the Xtradecal sheet no. 72203. This is the Mark IV, and there is also a Mark I from 787 Sqn.
The Shark was originally produced by Frog. It may be available in various Eastern European recreations. I have a couple. They come with the colourful markings of the period and show the development of the UK torpedo bombers to the Swordfish and the Beaufort.
Of course, on Xtradecal 72319, there is a Beaufort of the RNAS Yeovilton Station Flight.
Now a lot of these are second line squadrons rather than front line. But they all count …..

Nice, I’ll need to get that decal sheet. I have 11 Blenheim in the pile so I should be all set.

thanks Dominic !

Randall