My collection so far.

SD45elect2000

Hi SD,

nice to meet you. I really like your collection, I'm new so very envious of your painting skills and aircraft. I think I saw a post earlier asking about whether you had missed out any fleet air arm or navy planes (although this one might have been RAF only). Maybe I missed it, but one I very much like is an early bi-plane torpedo bomber called the Vickers Vilderbeest. Special Hobby have several good kits on sale in 1,72, one Mk III, which is the most recent, then not long before a Mk IV which is a Perseus engine version, then the one just before that is a float plane version which is my favourite, though it only comes with I think Portuguese decals whereas the others have British ones too. I was going to buy it, but I just bought an old Frog 1,72 Shark which I swear is the most difficult thing to build of all time. So that's put me off for a bit. I'll stick to the Airfix 'sink the Bismarck' Swordfish that I'm getting for Christmas, which looks far more doable for the moment :)

Hope you are well, cheers, Richard :)

Which kit is that one? Looks fine from here.

Thanks Ratch,

Its the Valom kit, they almost got it right but the clear parts do not fit. Aside from that it’s not a bad kit but the clear parts fit really puts it in a category of a poor kit.

I have a few more of them, my logic is that each one should get better, I really wanted a Hampden collection..

Randall

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thats a nice finish to it randall, if i get any damaged boxes i have a big box (airfix VE-DAY set) i put them into to keep things together till i get around to doing it, i bought the box full of different kits from other sets and i still use it like that.