My collection so far.

SD45elect2000

Randall, do you set up a production line and do step 1 on each model or do you build the first model complete and adapt your build process on subsequent builds?

i follow the steps on groups of them-at once. A good example is assembling all of the interiors and then painting all of them at once. Then all the fuselage half’s go together . Then I’ll sit in front of the TV and sand all the seams. Over a few days I’ll mask all the canopy’s then start painting.

I will say that after the first one the process gets better.

Often I do not follow the steps just to make painting neater.

Randall

Interesting...

I once did 8 Harriers the same way (in a Group Build on ATF). Nowadays I find working in smaller batches easier. Not that i tend to build many of the same aircraft, preferring variety in my builds.

The pictures of the Spits in the hangar look very realistic Randall
Where did you get the backdrop from?
Dale

Hi Dale,

the back drop is by Coastal kits in the UK. I have several but this one is my new favorite.

Randall

Thanks Randall - I must look in to getting one of those

Cheers

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking aircraft and the setting in the hanger gives it a nice difference.

The hanger setting gives you scope for doing things a bit different making a kit pristine as though its a restored plane like you see today or even give it markings to represent a plane of a different mark like they do for airshows would be a true representation of surviving aircraft today

Nice looking aircraft and the setting in the hanger gives it a nice difference.
The hanger setting gives you scope for doing things a bit different making a kit pristine as though its a restored plane like you see today or even give it markings to represent a plane of a different mark like they do for airshows would be a true representation of surviving aircraft today

Thanks Paul, I like the hanger as well. They are from coastal kits in the UK.

Randall