Humbrol Clear Gloss Varnish White Residue Issue

Hello,

Having painted my latest build I applied a coat of the Humbrol Clear Gloss Varnish in advance of the decals.

This is something I have done previously without any issues. However, this time the dried varnish has left a few "scumlines" of white residue which is spoiling the appearance of the model.

Can anyone help in advising the possible cause of the white residue so that I can avoid the same problem happening in the future. But more importantly can anyone advise on how to remove these areas of white residue so that the appearance of the model isn't spoiled. A lot of time spent on this model !

thank you

The only thing that springs to mind is bloom, caused by ambient conditions when the varnish was applied. You could try overcoating the affected areas with more gloss, but I would try it out on a small, inconspicuous area first to see how it goes.

I've had this problem before does seem to happen if its hot and humid, I've gone over it again with gloss sometimes its worked if not i have repainted over the top of the area then reglossed that bit and its been ok, ive had the problem with decal fix too

I've had this problem before does seem to happen if its hot and humid, I've gone over it again with gloss sometimes its worked if not i have repainted over the top of the area then reglossed that bit and its been ok, ive had the problem with decal fix too

Many thanks...Ive re glossed as has been suggested and it appears to have worked. Note your advice about repainting. Cheers