Need replacement wheel set (1 axle) for Hogwarts Express Coach

ausrym

Hi Guys

I was showing our baby my model railway for the first time and she knocked a carriage from Hogwarts Express rake (from R1234M set) off the base board. Fortunately, there was no damage but one of the wheel axle sets popped off and both discs were pushed towards the centre of the axel if that makes sense.

I went to regauge it but the plastic insulator ring separated from the axel and is all mangled. Now the disc on 1 side doesn’t fit tightly, causing the wheel to wobble. The plastic ring is beyond repair so I need to buy a new wheel set/axel. 

The wheel can be purchased as part of R8264 (14.1mm disc, 2 holes), which contains 10 axle sets. I don’t really wany to pay the high price for this as I only need 1 new axle. Is there anywhere I can purchase this singularly? I’ve checked ebay but didn’t really find anything.

Unfortunately I don’t have any spare coaches that I could take from.

Thanks in advance

Before buying/ordering anything just double check they are 14.1mm diameter wheels unless someone else can on this forum confirm this.

The Hogwart's express coaches I have have 12mm wheels, but they are from an older set.

Hy Ausrym

I just looked in the shopping section and found it less than helpful it used to specify exactly which where the coach wheels and for which coaches.

It doesn't now.

I think the smaller wheels are the coach wheels.

Your best bet is to go to your local hobby shop take the coach with you.

So that if the shop sells other brand wheels you can make sure they are the right size and axle length.

If using another brand as a replacement I would suggest a minimum of four axles so all the wheels are definitely the same on the whole coach.

Me personally I would just bite the bullet and buy the right pack of Hornby replacement wheels so I had some handy for later they will end up all getting used.

regards John

Thanks guys,

I found Peter's Spares do them individually but the shipping to Aus is prohibitive and ends up the same price as buying a new pack of the correct Hornby ones.

Didn't realise metals, even if metal, would be so expensive

Thanks for all the replies!

I cannot spare my 14.1mm wheels with metal rims but do have a few metal 12mm wheels that I would send an axle set to you. I do have some Dapol all plastic wheels in 14.1mm that I can also send you an axle set. The big problem here is that this website does not allow personal contact. If there is any way around this will someone let us know. Alternatively contact Hornby Customer services and see if the would be kind enough to confirm the wheelset size and if they would supply uou with a seat FOC as a goodwil gesture.