Start lap counters

T-1268345

Hi! I’m trying to buy someone some track as a present for someone who has a C1408P Formula 1 Challenge Start Set. In particular I am looking for a lap counter. Could somebody please let me know if a C8528 Extension Pack 2 lap counter is compatible with Start, or would a Sport conversion track be needed? I am confused as some C8528 lap counters are labelled as being for Sport, while others are labelled as being for Start. Many thanks for any advice!

You're in luck!

The C1408P set uses the latest "Start" track that is directly compatible with the current Sport track.

It is just made of a cheaper plastics.

Anything that is compatible with Sport will be compatible with the set.

Because of that the packaged and labelled as Start C8528 will NOT work.

There is some confusion as Scalextric offered a Start type of track that required an adapter about 10-15 years ago and they pop up online from time to time. The connectors look totally different though...

What you are seeing with people selling C8528 as "Sport" are lap counters that were part of sets that people have broken up. Those lap counters were never meant for individual sales so people are (mis)using the C8528...

As you can see the Sport connector is like a "tombstone" and a square. If the seller can show you the connector and it looks like Sport it will work.

To my knowledge there are no lap counters for analog set sold separately anymore.

You could get an ARC ONE which would give you lap counting PLUS pitstops and much more. forum_image_637b6de7366f0.thumb.png.ed896cf0fc9562a752d97188445d225b.png