New Forum Navigation Buttons

To the Web Developers

Firstly, thank you for the addition of the PREVIOUS and NEXT buttons to the forum. That is a thoughtful addition.

What this is missing is a button that returns to the TOPIC page, where each thread is presented as a menu.

Consider a three page thread. I want to remind myself of the prior discussion, so PREVIOUS. After reading page 2, I press NEXT and finish the thread on page 3. So to return to the TOPIC page to select another thread, the only way back is via the browser back button, which pops the stack, leading me thru page 2 then page 3 again and finally to the topic page.

If there was a button that would simply return to the topic page, without retracing the entire stack, that would be nice!

Bee

I assume by the 'Topic' page you mean page 1 of the thread. There is already a direct navigation route back to page 1 without having to back through all the intermediate pages using the browser back button. At the bottom of each thread page is a red drop down box where you can jump directly to any page in the thread including page 1.

If by 'Topic' you mean the sub-forum 'Index' page, then there is a direct navigation path to that too. At the top of the page there is a row of red text showing your current location in the forum. These red texts are all clickable and will take you back to the 'Index' page of the forum section you select to click.

Your welcome.

On many websites blue is used to indicate something that is clickable. On this forum Hornby have chosen to use a red colour for this purpose (presumably because red is Hornby's marketing colour and blue is Bachmann's). So at least in principle, anything you see in red is clickable.