High Fell, BR (NER) in TT 120

Rallymatt

The farm's name is program for a music festival anyway.

BTW, @Rallymatt
I linked your video to a German TT-forum I'm member of. The community consists mainly of former GDR 'nationals' and so they quickly spotted the DR 132 and the ex- Red Army lorry in the works' yard. It is refreshing to see that your approach to the use of models is quite different from the sometimes very narrow-minded era and railway company thinking of that forum, especially when it comes to Deutsche Reichsbahn vs. Deutsche Bundesbahn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! The BR130 was originally the test workhorse as I built the layout and waited for the Hornby TT:120 stock to arrive. I have always had an interest in continental models and have had a few over the years. There is an almost convincing story to the BR130 being in UK too…. 
During the 1960’s as BR transitioned from steam to diesel, quite a few of the prototypes were terrible so the BR board looked East and a ‘Test BR 130’ obtained… I’m stretching the timeframe a little. The story of the Hawker Siddeley Kestrel (one of the prettiest diesels made) inspired the thinking as that ended up in Soviet Union, same idea, different direction. 😁 and the great thing is with TT:120 the scale works! 
We also have a shortage of road vehicles, particularly lorries, so a bit of creative thinking is needed,  this looks pretty much like the UK tankers of the time, I found a photo of a factory fresh ERF and copied the livery. 
The V90 works well as a heavy shunter for the docks. 
I think a level of ‘what if’ is one of the unique benefits of creating models and it fires up the imagination 😁

Using the full size V200 bodywork would have fouled the BR loading gauge. That's why they could not find room for up-to-date heater systems in the shell. This and an aversion against hydromecs led to its early demise.

• 2 weeks later...

The superb TTA wagons needed the right setting so St James’ Quay has said goodbye to Iron Ore shipments and hello hydrocarbons. Thunberg Petrochemical occupies the old Victorian warehouses and ESSO has its oil transfer facility on the quayside. The modellers axe had to be wielded and the end of the dock was rebuilt to accommodate the oil silos. The oil filling rig has been turned through 90 degrees and re engineered to suit the track layout and space. New modern flood lights installed to allow 24hr operations. Safety railings installed along quayside and foundations got a safety check from the resident ‘hard hat’ 

• Like 1